Posted on May 13, 2014 by the Webmaster
Our campaign website is at peaceandfreedom2014.org. This article is a summary of our endorsements.
The Peace and Freedom party supports the following candidates and ballot measures in the June 2014 election.
California Statewide Offices
- Cindy Sheehan for Governor - candidate website
- Amos Johnson for Lieutenant Governor - candidate website
- Nathalie Hrizi for Insurance Commissioner - candidate website
We also endorse two Green Party candidates.
Board of Equalization
District 3: write in Eric Moren
- U.S. House of Representatives
- 12th District: Frank Lara - candidate website
- 34th District: Howard Johnson
- 44th District: Write in Adam Shbeita
- State Assembly
- 15th Disrict: Eugene E. Ruyle - candidate website
Statewide Ballot Measures
Yes on Proposition 42
Proposition 42 is a state constitutional amendment to require local government to provide open meetings and public records access. These basic democratic practices are currently state government mandates, which require reimbursement. In the last budget crisis these mandates were suspended, allegedly to allow the state to save the money otherwise spent on reimbursing local governments' costs of following the mandates.
We support Proposition 42. Openness in local governments shouldn't be conditional on state budget deals.