June 2014 Election
Visit our campaign website at peaceandfreedom2014.org
Posted on July 3, 2014 by the Webmaster
Final results of the June 3 statewide election are now available from the Secretary of State. Here are the results for the candidates and measures endorsed by the Peace and Freedom Party.
In the 44th Congressional District, Peace and Freedom Party write in candidate Adam Shbeita advanced to the November election against incumbent Democrat Janice Hahn.
- Cindy L. Sheehan (Peace and Freedom) for Governor - 52,707 (1.2%), ranked 7th of 15
- Amos Johnson (Peace and Freedom) for Lieutenant Governor - 39,675 (0.9%), ranked 8th of 8
- Laura Wells (Green) for Controller - 231,352 (5.7%), ranked 5th of 6
- Ellen H. Brown (Green) for Treasurer - 270,388 (6.6%), ranked 3rd of 3rd
- Nathalie Hrizi (Peace and Freedom) for Insurance Commissioner - 212,991 (5.4%), ranked 3rd of 3
- WRITE IN Eric S. Moren (Peace and Freedom) for Board of Equalization, 3rd District - 134, ranked 4th of 5 (see note below)
- Frank Lara (Peace and Freedom) for Congress, 12th District - 2,107 (1.9%), ranked 5th of 8
- Howard Johnson (Peace and Freedom) for Congress, 34th District - 3,587 (11.6%), ranked 3rd of 3
- WRITE IN Adam Shbeita (Peace and Freedom) for Congress, 44th District - 5, ranked 2nd of 2
- Eugene E. Ruyle (Peace and Freedom) for Assembly, 15th District - 2,426 (3.5%), ranked 7th of 8
- Yes on Proposition 42 (public records and open meetings) -- passed with 61.8% of the vote
Note: the total number of write-in votes for Eric Moren does not include the very small part of San Bernardino County that is in the 3rd Board of Equalization district.
The June 2014 issue of the Peace and Freedom Party Voter Guide was published on April 28, 2014. It is available for download in Adobe Acrobat format here. This file is intended for printing on both sides of 8.5 x 11 (letter) paper.
Posted on May 14, 2014 by the Webmaster
Cindy Sheehan, the Peace and Freedom Party candidate for Governor, will be in San Rafael on Saturday, May 24.
When: Saturday, May 24 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Where: Community Media Center of Marin, 819 A Street, San Rafael (MAP)
What: Campaign appearance and fundraiser
Sponsor: Sheehan for Governor campaign
Contact: Jolie at 415-235-9187
Cost:Donations encouraged, no one turned away for lack of funds
The Marin County Peace and Freedom Party has endorsed this event.
Posted on May 13, 2014 by the Webmaster
Our campaign website is at peaceandfreedom2014.org. This article is a summary of our endorsements.
The Peace and Freedom party supports the following candidates and ballot measures in the June 2014 election.
California Statewide Offices
- Cindy Sheehan for Governor - candidate website
- Amos Johnson for Lieutenant Governor - candidate website
- Nathalie Hrizi for Insurance Commissioner - candidate website
We also endorse two Green Party candidates.
- Laura Wells for Controller - candidate website
- Ellen Brown for Treasurer - candidate website
Board of Equalization
District 3: write in Eric Moren
- U.S. House of Representatives
- 12th District: Frank Lara - candidate website
- 34th District: Howard Johnson
- 44th District: Write in Adam Shbeita
- State Assembly
- 15th Disrict: Eugene E. Ruyle - candidate website
Statewide Ballot Measures
Yes on Proposition 42
Proposition 42 is a state constitutional amendment to require local government to provide open meetings and public records access. These basic democratic practices are currently state government mandates, which require reimbursement. In the last budget crisis these mandates were suspended, allegedly to allow the state to save the money otherwise spent on reimbursing local governments' costs of following the mandates.
We support Proposition 42. Openness in local governments shouldn't be conditional on state budget deals.
Posted on March 14, 2014 by the Webmaster
On March 22, the Los Angeles County Peace and Freedom Party will host an evening of presentations and discussion featuring
- Peace & Freedom Party Candidate for Governor Cindy Sheehan
- Green Party candidate for Treasurer Ellen Brown
- Readings from the new book Imagine Living in a Socialist USA
- National Lawyers Guild L.A. Executive Director and KPFK radio host Jim Lafferty
- and YOU!
When: Saturday, March 22 from 7:00pm to 10:00pm
Where: Westside Peace Center, 3916 S. Spulveda Blvd, Culver City (MAP)
What: public forum on Imagine Living in a Socialist USA
Sponsor: Los Angeles County Peace and Freedom Party
Contact: phone 323-960-4036 or on Facebook
Cost: $10 donation, no one turned away for lack of funds
Posted on February 16, 2014 by the Webmaster
This video was written, performed and produced for the Sheehan campaign by Jolie De Pauw of San Rafael.
Source: Cindy Sheehan for Governor.
Posted on February 8, 2014 by the Webmaster
Please Join Cindy Sheehan, Mark Levy, and friends in celebrating her EPIC Campaign. "EPIC" means
- End Poverty in California
- Eliminate the Prison Industrial Complex
- Empower People Instead of Corporations
Where: Resource Center for Nonviolence, 612 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz (MAP)
What: campaign appearance and fundraiser
Sponsor: Santa Cruz County Peace and Freedom Party
Contact: call 831-688-8692 or email oflaherty - at - cruzio - dot - com
Cost: free to attend, please donate to the campaign
By Cindy Sheehan
Posted on January 20, 2014 by the Website Administrator
The greatest purveyor of violence in the world today: my own government...I cannot be silent. -- Martin Luther King Jr., "Beyond Vietnam", April 4, 1967
To celebrate the birth of Martin Luther King, Jr. we must really analyze some facts that made people (even his own colleagues) uncomfortable. On April 4, 1967--exactly one year before he was killed--at the Riverside Church in New York City, he gave his seminal speech: "Beyond Vietnam--A Time to Break the Silence."
Dr. King's colleagues begged him not to conflate the "war at home" with the Empire's wars abroad. He rejected that and said, (among other brilliant things in just this one speech):
Posted on December 17, 2013 by the Webmaster
This article is reproduced with permission from the Sheehan for Governor campaign website.
Second Place Wins the Race
If you want to see real change, it's time to step up and do more than LIKE a Facebook page.
Cindy Sheehan for Cal Gov 2014 needs signature gatherers and County Coordinators (coordinators are responsible for distributing petitions from the Country Registrar to gatherers; collecting the signed petitions and returning to the County Registrar; and liaisoning with the State Coordinator, Marsha Feinland).
We need gatherers from all over the state and coordinators in every county EXCEPT for these: Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, Alameda, San Francisco, Sacramento, Santa Cruz, Monterey, Marin, Yolo, Santa Clara, Fresno. To volunteer to collect signatures, or to coordinate in your county, please contact the State Coordinator, Marsha Feinland by clicking on "Click Here to Get Involved" bewlow (Please share with your friends in California, thanks!)
We need 10,000 valid signatures by the middle of March to get on the June primary ballot and please remember, because of Top Two Primary,
SECOND PLACE WINS THE RACE!
Let's use the rules of the two bougie political parties against them!
Posted on September 26, 2013 by the Webmaster
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Contact: Campaign Press Office 916-996-9170
SACRAMENTO – Gubernatorial candidate Cindy Sheehan strongly criticized Gov. Jerry Brown this week after he signed legislation (SB 4) to permit hydro-fracturing – "fracking" – in California, specifically in the Monterey Shale Formation.
"Is Jerry Brown out of his fracking mind," asked Ms. Sheehan, who's running for Governor in 2014 on the Peace and Freedom Party ticket.
Posted on August 21, 2013 by the webmaster
On August 27 with her supporters by her side Cindy Sheehan will officially announce her candidacy in the 2014 race for Governor of the State of California. Cindy will arrive by bicycle at the North Steps of the State Capital at 10:00am.
Please join us at the State Capitol for this important announcement.
There are two ways to join in. Ride your bike across the causeway with Cindy and her supporters. We will meet at the fruit stand on the Davis side of the causeway and depart at 8:30am. Or you can meet at the North Steps of the capitol at 10:00am to cheer us on and stand with Cindy at the formal announcement.
When: Tuesday, August 27 at 10:00am
Where: State Capitol, Sacramento (MAP)
What: Sheehan for Governor official announcement
Contact: Cindy's announcement on Facebook
The Peace and Freedom Party supports Cindy Sheehan for Governor in 2014.